25 Jul 1949
Harrison Manufacturing Co Pty established
A new company in the Harrison Group - Harrison Manufacturing Co Pty established by Ken Harrison to separate the group’s manufacturing activities at premises in Crows Nest. The manufacturing focus was on bone ash. Raw materials and manufactured stocks purchased from A S Harrison at a cost of £7,561. Premises and plant rented at Crows Nest.
1 May 1956
Purchase of new location
Purchase of property at Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale in order to accommodate further expansion (the company remains fully operational from this same site today).
9 August 1956
Sanction to manufacture granted
To accommodate further expansion HMC receives Council sanction to manufacture in Brookvale. Manufacture of floor tiles components, mineral oil and greases, adhesive, solidified vegetable oils and calcium phosphate (Bone Ash).
23 August 1957
New factory build completed
Completion of 11000 sq ft. factory consisting of a rotary furnace and grinding plant to manufacture bone ash. David Harrison, son of Ken Harrison, joins HMC.
A family business
Ken Harrison passes away. Laurence Harrison becomes Governing Director, David Harrison becomes GM and Geoff Harrison joins as Plant Engineer.
The next generation
Graeme Harrison son of David Harrison joins HMC.
Ownership and control passed on
With the death of Laurence Harrison, ownership and control is passed onto and was held between Ken’s surviving children.
New strategic development programs integrated.
Ownership consolidated to Geoff and Julie Harrison. The group continues to expand in the development of grease, oil, release agents and additives for various applications.
100% family owned - the 4th generation
Group continues to expand and are Australia’s leading independent experts in the development, manufacture and supply of high-performance grease, lubricants and advanced products and services. Three family members from the 4th generation of Harrison's actively involved in the business.