Harrison Manufacturing (HMC) was originally founded to produce rubber extender and was the first Australian Manufacturer to do so just after the Second World War. Over the years, HMC continued to build and develop synthesising additives specifically for the rubber industry. Harrison Manufacturing has since grown to become the largest grease manufacturer in Australia and our additive business has also grown and diversified. We now manufacture specialty additives, especially sulfur-based materials, which are developed for the lubricant additive space. We have a rich, diverse platform of materials that today remain at the very core of our business.
Sulfurised Oil EP Additives
- Designed specifically for grease and oil applications.
- Building on our history with rubber extenders that are highly vulcanised oils to form solid rubbers and pliable compounding agents. Similar chemistry and manufacturing techniques are employed to create sulfurised oil EP additives.
- HMC was the first company to move away from the use of sperm whale oil as the base for our additives base and replace with more sustainable plant and animal-based alternatives.
- With a long history in vulcanised polymers, we have recently moved to manufacturing and blending Viscosity Modifiers especially suited for automotive engine oils.
- Viscosity Modifiers are high molecular weight polymers blended and dissolved in base oils.
- Viscosity Modifiers are used in oil blending to increase the viscosity of base oils at high temperature and improve the Viscosity Index. At high temperature the polymer solubility increases resulting in an increased thickening effect.
Functional Additive Packages
- HMC has a dedicated R&D team that can develop functional additive packages to suit your lubricant blending needs.
- These packages combine a range of components such as extreme pressure, anti-wear and corrosion inhibitors, into targeted concentrates for various lubricant sectors.
If you need a functional additive package please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your sales representative and we can work with you to develop a tailored solution for your needs.